Tuesday 7 December 2010

Photo a day inspirations and updates

After reviewing my initial ideas of Obscure I came to the conclusion it was in fact that; too obscure! So many things fell into this title I found my outcomes to be too random. So I decided to hone in on an aspect of Obscure; Indistinct....

I also decided to tighten up my design ideas after having a session in Abobe Indesign, so i've decided to change all my images to square format.

Artists i've been looking to for inspiration and ideas;

Wolgang Tillmans




Christian Boltanski






Mark Rothko





Saul Leiter







I'm a fan of his selective, understated use of colour. He has a distinctive style, something i'm trying to discover, find and develop in my own work.
I also live how his photo's can be mistaken for paintings at a quick glance.



No comments:

Post a Comment